The Defence Skill is one of seven combat Skills that determine your Combat Level. Specifically, what types of armour you are able to wear is determined by this Skill. In order to start training this skill, a player must be using Melee attack styles, and choose the defensive combat style. There can be up to four options in the combat tab, and the defence style is (generally) the last tab.
Each armour provides both a unique appearance, and requires a different Defence level before you can wear it. In some cases, a Quest may be required in order to wear the armour at all.
- Bronze Armour (Level 1 Defence)
- Iron Armour (Level 1 Defence)
- Steel Armour (Level 5 Defence)
- Black Armour (Level 10 Defence)
- Mithril Armour (Level 20 Defence)
- Yak-hide Armour (Level 20 Defence)
- Adamantite Armour (Level 30 Defence)
- Runite Armour (Level 40 Defence)
- Granite Armour (Level 50 Defence)
- Dragon Armour (Level 60 Defence)
- Barrows Armour (Level 70 Defence)
- Elf Crystal (Level 70 Defence)
- Dragonfire Shield (Level 75 Defence)
Not all armour listed above are created by the Smithing Skill. Instead, these armour require either a Quest to be completed, or are very rare drops from high level monsters.
- Black Armour : Can only be purchased from stores or dropped from specific monsters.
- Dragon Armour : Currently the most powerful non-degrading armour available. Dropped from specific monsters.
- Initiate Armour : Requires the Quest Recruitment Drive in order to wear this armour.
- Proselyte Armour : Requires the Quest Slug Menace in order to wear this armour.